All persons employed or contracted by DBHDD
All employees new to DBHDD are to receive appropriate employee orientation. New employees must fill out a number of required documents prior to starting work at DBHDD. These documents must be brought in on the first day of employment and submitted to the Human Resources staff.
Employee orientation is intended to do the following:
- Introduce new employees to the organization;
- Provide a systematic approach for sharing general information, philosophy, policies and procedures to enable a smooth integration into the workforce; and
- Communicate standards and expectations of employment to new employees.
- New employees are responsible for printing the applicable attachments which are located at the bottom of this policy.
- One packet is specific to Full-time employees,
- One packet is specific to Part-time employees,
- All employees should print the I9-Employment Eligibility Verification attachment,
- All employees should print the W-4 and G-4 forms.
- Office of Learning and Organizational Development, Human Resource Offices or Directors' designees should provide general orientation to all new employees.
- Individual DBHDD organizational units should provide specific orientation to new employees. Records which indicate that each employee has received appropriate orientation are to be maintained by each organizational unit or as otherwise directed.